My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.brianfieldspottery.com
and update your bookmarks.

Thursday, February 5, 2009

New beginings for 2009

I finally got back in to the studio today. It felt good to get my hands dirty again.
My clay was pretty stiff after being there for the past 3 months, but I still had fun. I wedged up 3 pounds, cut it into 3 - 1lb balls and just played, making nothing in particular. Just ventering and pulling up, splitting rims, bellying out until it went wonky, then cutting it in half, and doing another.

I think the scraps are destined to be my next terra sig experiment, and I'll buy a fresh bag of clay next time

** Update **
I feel like I got kicked down a flight of stairs this morning....  but it still feels good to get dirty again!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay - that has to feel good! Congratulations!!

Meagan Chaney Gumpert said...

whoohoo! even thought it's physically tough, mentally it must feel great! congrats!