My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.brianfieldspottery.com
and update your bookmarks.

Thursday, September 18, 2008

Getting back on track

It's been a week tomorrow since the big wreck, and I've been at a bit of a loss as to what to post. It's pretty clear that I won't be back in the studio any time soon. One of the more painful injuries is a very bruised, very sore sternum. I don't even like to think about trying to wedge or center clay.

I do have some pieces from my failed attempt to re-familiarize myself with the old #112 claybody that are coming through the bisque firings at the center, so I'll be able to glaze them soon. I did take the remainder and wedged it up on the tables and sprayed it down. Hopefully it got a good dose of microbes to help it age. It should be good and ready by the time I'm ready for it again.

I never got a chance to say anything in all last weeks excitement, but I'd thrown in the towel, raised the white flag and went back to my old familiar white stoneware. I'd been trying and trying to get the 112 to work for me, and was just being frustrated. My clay time is precious to me, and I just decided I didn't want to spend my fun time being frustrated and pissed. I threw a 12" vase on the first try.

I'm also spending some time going through old notes I've collected, ideas, sketches, etc. (when I'm not sleeping... I'm doing a LOT of sleeping). Maybe I can get them more organized and possibly share some. And there's been some interest in more details of the naked raku and aluminum foil saggar techniques, so I hope to post more stuff about all that too.

The blog has been up for a little over a month now and I'm having a lot of fun with it. I'm enjoying the community, and have made new acquaintances from around the world.

No comments: